Its Thursday. I felt like giving a random poll. Bring me all your thoughts, good and bad, long and short.
1. Is your dining room/kitchen table clear or full of things? What’s on top?
2. What do you really enjoy about your life right now, this season of it?
3. Which makes you feel better at the moment: an evening away from home or an evening in?
1. Its full, and I wish it weren’t. Per the picture, here’s what’s on top: my yellow purse, a red cup full of goldfish crackers, canned tomatoes for tonight’s fried rice, Jones’s new (and already dented) SIGG water bottle, a blue hydrangea from next door in my favorite antique vase, a coffee mug from “The Pantry” where we ate breakfast after we were engaged, my glasses, the “Rules of the Road” book for my Japanese drivers test, Bryan’s worship music folder, kleenex, my passport/visa (what’s THAT doing out??), an ancient tape player for Japanese listening, Japanese listening tapes, an electronic dictionary, a pile of books, my day-planner. That’s much more than I thought when looking at it.
2. Stimulating my mind with Japanese lessons, and that I’m finally out of the pregnancy/baby brain-fog and I can actually enjoy reading books again — and I feel freedom to peruse to my liking without the self-imposed pressure to finish one book before starting another. I like to have my hand in five things at once, and I’m learning that’s OKAY!
3. Right now, an evening out. An afternoon out. A day out. Anything for new sights and sounds, a little change of scenery. Perhaps its a culture shock thing, maybe a mommy-of-a-toddler thing. Every once in a while, B and I will drive to downtown Shizuoka (maybe comparable to St. Louis? Chicago? Shiz. city has close to 1 million), pay a ridiculous amount for parking in the cheapest lot available (200yen/hour), and walk around with Jones in the stroller, always having a Starbucks visit somewhere in between our window shopping and park-playing. Last time, Bryan showed me an area that has all sorts of water fountains in a line, perhaps 6 blocks long. Very fun.