which home, you say? the one with my boys.. wherever they are will always be home.
things i love about japan:
- not wearing shoes in the house. keeps everything so clean, don’t worry much about dropping things on the floor or tracking mud around.
- particular to my area, the weather. only about three months of mild winter — LOVE. IT. we can still play outside most days, even in the coldest month. i miss Nebraska snow on Christmas only.
- the fresh food — meats, fruits, vegetables, fishes, all pretty fresh and in season.
- the way living here challenges me and my long-held ideas and beliefs. the way it forces me to make convictions where i might’ve been okay to just accept something as truth.
- learning a new language (though this is also rough!)
- the opportunities to meet people totally unlike me.
- in the way of the Gospel, we are not building on another man’s foundation — everything is new ground. (this also means that we’re still tossing rocks out of the field and never really know when we’ll get to cultivate the ground or sow seeds.)
- the family we’ve been given in other missionaries. i love love LOVE our Navigator family!