today’s re-post is from march 2008, a long post filled with random thoughts about my life and jones’s first birthday.
my thoughts upon re-reading “sundries & birthday news”:
- your vocab varies widely when you have a baby and don’t sleep.. or when you have a three-year-old jones. or perhaps both. i read the post thinking, “i could never write this today! i don’t have enough mental energy..” ha!
- jones has changed SO MUCH! his baby cheeks in these pictures kill me. his hair has also curled significantly.. forgot that it was once straight.
- i apparently had a reserve of energy for blogging when i moved here. though the reserve is depleted, i’m happy to say i have more energy for language and relating with japanese friends, which was tough to come by at the beginning.
- jones’s third birthday cake looked very similar to his first. his second birthday, i made strawberry cupcakes from a box that i asked a friend to bring us. in the throes of morning sickness, i didn’t do much baking. (ick.)
- my new house feels more and more like home. (was reminded of this while looking at the pictures.)